Sunday, March 14, 2010

Our Little Boy Is 3 Years Old!

Logan turned 3 on March 16th. I can't believe he is 3 already. We had a little party with Grandma and Grandpa Wilson and Uncle Kyle

Logan wanted 3 things for his birthday.
He wanted birthday hats, a brown cake and chicken nuggets.
Grandpa having a little too much fun at the party.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Wilson for the great puzzles and memory game.



Loved his Mater cake
Loves to blow out candles. Usually whenever somebody has a birthday we have to relight the candles and sing Happy Birthday multiple times, but for some reason we didn't have to this time. He was probably to excited to eat Mater.
Handsome little boy!
Logan is figuring out how to count with his fingers.



Yes I am very proud of my Mater cake. I think it turned out great since I have never decorated a cake before.
I was going to write Tow Mater on the side like he is supposed to have but my white frosting kept drooping so I gave up.
On Logan's Birthday we had a little party. We went and played at the bouncy place and then went to McDonalds to have one of Logan's favorite meals... Chicken Nuggets!



We also went swimming on Monday before Logan turned 3 so we wouldn't have to pay for him. Yes we are cheap. Logan also got to talk to Grandma and Grandpa Hegerhorst on Skype. He was really looking forward to that. Anytime he hears any of the skype sounds he ask, "Mommy, are Grandma and Grandpa calling. I want to talk to them on the computer. I like that." Thanks Mom and Dad for the books. He loves them and is constantly asking me to read them to him.

Brian and I gave Logan a t-ball set and King and Chick-Hicks cars from the movie Cars. He already had a King but he took him out while we were running errands and left him on the counter at one of the stores. He was so sad when we got home and realized he didn't have King anymore. I'm a mean Mom and didn't want to drive 20+ min in traffic to go back and get him. It was much easier to just buy him a new one.

Anyways, here are some of the cute moments while Logan was 2.

He loves to do exercise videos.



He absolutely loves to sing. Praise to the Man is his favorite song right now. He learns songs so quickly. We will just sing him the song a couple times and then he got it down. He has an amazing memory.

He also quit taking naps. Some days he struggles to stay awake.


We sure do love you Logan. Thanks for being our little man. Happy Birthday!

8 comments:

The Harkers said...

Love the birthday hats and AWESOME cake Christina!! What a handsome, sweet boy. We miss Logan! Happy Birthday to you! We tried calling him but couldn't reach you guys. Looks like it was fun celebration! The picture of Jenna going down the slide is a hoot :)

Cheris said...

What a cute boy!!! He looks like so much fun and your party looks like it was a blast!! I hope you all had SO much fun!!

Jenette said...

That is an awesome Mater Truck!
Happy birthday Logan!

Muffin said...

That cake looks amazing! Way to go. Looks like you had loads of fun!

Dan and Janice Hegerhorst said...

Thank you Christy for the wonderful pictures and the videos. The one of Logan falling asleep is precious. I was so afraid he was going to fall out of the chair! I really miss my little Logan! I guess he is not so little any more! Love you guys, Mom

Shelise said...

Happy Birthday Buddy! I just know Hudson and Logan would be little buds if they lived by each other. That cake is AWESOME!! You did such a good job on it. That last picture of him sleeping at the table is hilarious. I don't really look forward to those days. lol. Oh, and thats so cute that his favorite song is praise to the man. What a stud.

Susan said...

That is the coolest cake! I am so impressed!

Barbara Dunn said...

Wow Christina your kids are so adorable!!! And they have grown so much. You are so talented with the cake, and pictures of the kids. Great job...